Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Use pipeline to only deploy changed files

Hi there!

I'm using the following .yml file to push the repo to WPengine. Problem with these commands is that it deploys all. Is it possible to only deploy the changed files in the commit? What should the commands be?

pipelines:
branches:
master:
- step:
name: Deploy to production
deployment: production
script:
- git filter-branch -- --all
- git push --force git@git.wpengine.com:production/XXX.git master
- echo "Pushed to Production"

dev:
- step:
name: Deploy to dev production
deployment: dev
script:
- git filter-branch -- --all
- git push --force git@git.wpengine.com:production/XXX.git dev
- echo "Pushed to Dev Production"

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @finnruijter,

I suspect (although I'm not entirely sure) that this may have to do with the use of --force option to push, as this option will force the remote repo (in this case the WPengine repo) to take the version of the branch that exists in Pipelines.

Just to understand the issue a bit better before I proceed with suggestions, where exactly and how do you see that all files are being deployed, instead of only the files in the last commit?

Kind regards,
Theodora

Hi @Theodora Boudale !

Thank you for your answer. Removing --force sadly results into a failed deployment. I'm using this document from WPengine to configure the deployment: https://wpengine.com/support/deploying-code-with-bitbucket-pipelines-wp-engine/.

Screenshot at Jul 21 14-12-56.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines Runners is now in open beta

We are excited to announce the open beta program for self-hosted runners. Bitbucket Pipelines Runners is available to everyone. Please try it and let us know your feedback. If you have any issue...

3,649 views 63 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you