Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Writing results to file using aws pipe in pipeline

John C June 10, 2020

When running the aw-lambda-deploy pipe I am seeing the following error, the lambda is being updated.

INFO: Update command succeeded.
INFO: Writing results to file /opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/.bitbucket/pipelines/generated/pipeline/pipes/aws-lambda-deploy-env.
//update-lambda.sh: line 22: /opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/.bitbucket/pipelines/generated/pipeline/pipes/aws-lambda-deploy-env: Permission denied

I thought it may be memory related so increased the size of the step but continue to see the issue, this worked previously when I had less steps.

The failing pipeline.yml file is:

pipelines:
default:
- step:
name: Testing
caches: # Marks what will be in cache so it is not downloaded again.
- pip
script: # Modify the commands below to build your repository.
- pip install -r requirements.txt
- pip install -r requirements-dev.txt
- make coverage
- pwd
- ls -list
- step:
name: Sonar Scan
caches:
- sonar
script:
- pipe: sonarsource/sonarcloud-scan:1.0.1
variables:
EXTRA_ARGS: '-Dsonar.test.inclusions="**/*_test.py" -Dsonar.verbose=true'
- pipe: sonarsource/sonarcloud-quality-gate:0.1.3
- step:
name: Build Lambda
size: 2x
script:
# Build Lambda
- make archive
# Update lambda code and publish a new version
- pipe: atlassian/aws-lambda-deploy:0.5.3
variables:
AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID: $AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID
AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY: $AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY
AWS_DEFAULT_REGION: $AWS_DEFAULT_REGION
FUNCTION_NAME: 'bucket-antivirus-function-dev' 
COMMAND: 'update'
ZIP_FILE: 'build/lambda.zip'

If I run the Build Lambda step alone then it works.

I tried the workaround on this question but the file dos not exist so cannot be removed.

Any tips appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
Oli Pursaill December 3, 2020

See the answer to this question https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-Pipelines-questions/aws-lambda-deploy-pipe-how-to-fix-aws-lambda-deploy-env/qaq-p/1547049#U1548195 

If you delete the shared location directory before running the lambda deploy pipeline then everything works as expected. 

Still would be good to know why the sonarcloud pipes prevent other pipes from writing to that shared location 

0 votes
Halyna Berezovska
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2020

@John C  I have some questions to define the root cause:

* did it work previously with the same version?
* what exactly steps did you add since the time it worked? Could the be the reason of failure? Are you doing something specific with BITBUCKET_PIPE_SHARED_STORAGE_DIR directory in those added steps?

* You can add  to your pipeline each step one by one (except of lambda deploy pipeline) to define, what exactly is failing permissions to that directory

Looking fowrard to hearing from you again.

Regards, Galyna

John C June 15, 2020

Thanks Galyna,

I manged to narrow this down to the sonarcloud pipes.  If I remove the sonar step then the pipelines work, if I run the sonar step alone as a manual pipeline then that works.  I haven;t spent much time looking further into this as this repo is not particularly active and does not require the sonar scan of every action so we simply separated it out.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events