- pipe: atlassian/aws-lambda-deploy:0.5.7
variables:
AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID: ${AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID}
AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY: ${AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY}
AWS_DEFAULT_REGION: 'eu-west-2'
FUNCTION_NAME: 'MyFunction'
COMMAND: 'update'
ZIP_FILE: 'code.zip'

The script update-lambda.sh writes to /opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/.bitbucket/pipelines/generated/pipeline/pipes/aws-lambda-deploy-env. That file is then read by pipe.sh in a subsequent pipe when you run with the alias command. e.g.  

COMMAND: 'alias'

However if I have another pipe in my bitbucket-pipelines.yml file before the aws-lambda-deploy pipe. e.g. 

sonarsource/sonarcloud-scan:1.2.1

then update-lamda.sh cannot write the aws-lambda-deploy-env file as it gets a permission denied error.

Shouldn't the aws-lambda-deploy-env file be created in /opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/.bitbucket/pipelines/generated/pipeline/pipes/atlassian/aws-lambda-deploy   ?

And why does the creation of the /opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/.bitbucket/pipelines/generated/pipeline/pipes/ by another pipe stop it being available for the subsequent pipe? 

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Oli Pursaill December 3, 2020

The solution was to delete the shared directory before running the aws-lambda-deploy pipe. 

... previous steps call the sonarsource/sonarcloud-scan pipe ...
-
step:
name: 'Deploy Lambda to AWS'
script:
# Writing the $BITBUCKET_PIPE_SHARED_STORAGE_DIR/aws-lambda-deploy-env file causes a permissions denied failure, so we first delete the directory
- rm -rf /opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/.bitbucket/pipelines/generated/pipeline/pipes
- pipe: atlassian/aws-lambda-deploy:0.5.7
variables:
AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID: ${AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID}
AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY: ${AWS_SECRET_ACCESS_KEY}
AWS_DEFAULT_REGION: 'eu-west-2'
FUNCTION_NAME: 'MyFunction'
COMMAND: 'update'
ZIP_FILE: 'code.zip'

Still don't know why running the sonar pipe first prevents the aws pipe from writing to the shared storage location

Tutux July 27, 2023

It worked fine for me!

0 votes
Jim Reynolds November 6, 2022

Just had this issue come up myself specifically with sonarcloud-scan where we have multiple pipes deploying to different environments.

The first deployment is fine but the second fails as it cannot write to
/opt/atlassian/pipelines/agent/build/.bitbucket/pipelines/generated/pipeline/pipes/sonarsource/sonarcloud-scan/sonarcloud-scan.log: Permission denied

This solution was as above.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events