Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find how to create a pipeline

heister82 January 11, 2021

The documentation at https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/get-started-with-bitbucket-pipelines/ says:

"Click Create your first pipeline to scroll down to the template section."

There is nothing like it anywhere on the pipelines page, all I see is:

"
WE COULDN'T FIND ANY PIPELINES THAT MATCH YOUR SEARCH

Try changing your filters"

I don't have any created neither see any button to create one...

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Theodora Boudale
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 13, 2021

Hi @heister82 ,

Did you perhaps enable Pipelines first, from Repository settings > [PIPELINES] Settings?

I see that the guide with the templates no longer shows up in this case.

You can create a pipeline by creating a bitbucket-pipelines.yml file in your repo and configure it as per https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/configure-bitbucket-pipelinesyml/.

If you want to get access to the templates as per the documentation you linked, you can try creating a test repo under your workspace, then go to its Pipelines page and you'll be able to view the templates.

You can then copy-paste any of these templates to the bitbucket-pipelines.yml file of the repo you were working in the first place.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Theodora

heister82 January 14, 2021

I see, so activating pipelines before going to the pipelines tab makes it behave differently.

I ended doing everything manually.

Edit: There is however a lot of issues apparently when editing the yml file on the website, it throws generic errors and doesn't work, I could only setup the pipeline manually commiting the file.

Josh Grafman October 20, 2023

@Theodora Boudale  I had this same issue. You guys need to update your documentation if this button no longer exists, it's been almost 3 years.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events