You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
I would like your input on how to best release pom, parent module and a group of submodules using Bamboo and jgitflow release.
I have completed setting up the maven build deploy in the Build stage, and the outputs are the pom, parent module and submodules artifacts with version-SNAPSHOT.
Next plan is to look at the jgitflow to release the individual projects pom, and parent + subprojects.
1. I have done the SSh setup and now I'm stuck here on how to handle the version release of the project pom.
When I ran "mvn jgitflow:release-start", it prompt user for the release version and development version. Can I skip the interactive and accept the default versions ?
2) If the above is not possible, another approach is to use <releaseVersion> and <developmentVersion>.but how do I get the two versions?
Any other suggestion is appreciated.
Alternatively, I'd like to add three optional arguments for this non-interactive goal:
* incrementMajor : if set, will not ask for a version number, increment the major number and set to 0 the minor and patch numbers
* incrementMinor : if set, will not ask for a version number, increment the minor number and set to 0 the patch number
* incrementPatch : if set, will not ask for a version number, increment the patch number
Based on https://semver.org/ semantic versioning.
* With the SSH problem on Windows, all developers can't execute the release-start goal => we need to automate it on GitLab
* On GitLab, there is no parameter to be passed to pipelines we run manually, so I'd create 3 pipelines:
** "Start a major release"
** "Start a minor release"
** "Start a patch release"
All setting the correct parameters for the release start to be done without any prompt.