Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bamboo, remote agent authenticated but missing from agent summary list

bfgcat
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 20, 2021

I previously had 3 bamboo agents running on my linux "build" machine connecting to a bamboo server running on Windows. The directory for one of the build agents got corrupted and needed to be deleted. After downloading the installer jar and reinstalling the agent I went on the bamboo server and removed the old agent and authenticated the new agent. The agent is now visible on the authentication list as approved. From this point onward however, the new agent never shows up on the server's Agent Summary page. 

Going forward I installed a new remote agent on another linux system, followed the same steps and authenticated it on the bamboo server agent page. At this point the new agent shows up as a remote agent.

Ideas? Suggestions on what logs to look at?

thanks in advance for any help.

1 answer

0 votes
bfgcat
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 21, 2021

Here's an interesting, and frustrating, data point. After initially starting the agent on 1/14 and authenticating shortly thereafter. Now on the agent summary page the agent is there and this line is in the log on that page:

Jan 20, 2021 10:25:55 AM Remote agent "mcsbuild03.xxxxxxx.com" has registered. 

SIx days??? What the ....?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events