(Windows) Bamboo service stops when accessed in browser.

The Bamboo service installed just fine on the server and starts with no issues. Upon attempting to access the application, I get a "Web page not available" and the service stops.

Has anyone else encountered this before?

Stash and Jira services are running great.

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

It appears that the server port in {BAMBOO-INSTALL}\conf\server.xml was already in use. I changed the value in the xml file to an open port and everything came up. Thanks to all!

I did last month upgrading to 5.1.1.

Navigate to your bamboo install then atlassian-bamboo\WEB-INF\lib.

Look for repeat atlassian-bamboo-*.jar like atlassian-bamboo-agent-bootstrap-5.1.jar & atlassian-bamboo-agent-bootstrap-5.2.jar and remove the older copies.

Only remove the extra ones as not every upgrade has a complete new set.

For instance atlassian-bamboo-agent-elastic-installer-5.0-rc1.jar is in the 5.2 install.

Thanks for the quick response. This is a new install but I did check the directory you mentioned and don't see any files with multiple versions as you described.

Did you run the install as "Run as Administrator"? It doesn't show a failure but I had to Uninstall Service as "Run as Administrator" and Install Service as "Run as Administrator" The Tomcat changes >= 5.1 require elavated prviledges & UAC.

Yes (or at least the Win Server 2003 equivalent, I think). I installed using an admin account. Is this the same as the Vista+ UAC / "Run as Administrator"?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Ops

Jira Ops Early Access Program Update #1: Announcing our next feature and a new integration

Thanks for signing up for Jira Ops! I’m Matt Ryall, leader for the Jira Ops product team at Atlassian. Since this is a brand new product, we’ll be delivering improvements quickly and sharing updates...

476 views 0 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you