Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why in bamboo can only choose artifacts from build results since the last created release.

Ian Kent February 5, 2015

We are using Bamboo 5.7 OnDemand.

We want to create an artifact release from a successful build result to be deployed to one of our deployment environments. The UI will not allow us to create a release from the build result because of restriction.

"Note: You can only choose artifacts from build results since the last created release."

Why can't we create a release from a successful build result before a later released result?

I don't understand the rationale behind this restriction and the docs do not help me understand.

1 answer

0 votes
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2015

Rationale behind that was we though of consecutive Deployment Versions as representation of the progress in your product development. 

We wanted to make sure that it can be possible to display accurate list of changes (commits and issue keys) between any given Deployment Versions. In case you have chosen a build result that run before the build result connected to previous Deployment Version you can't tell what are the changes between just created Deployment Version and the previous one.

To workaround this problem you can create separate Deployment Project for this ad-hoc deployment and deploy it from there.

Hope this helps.

Lech Rogowski January 18, 2016

No, it doesn't help.

"In case you have chosen a build result that run before the build result connected to previous Deployment Version you can't tell what are the changes between just created Deployment Version and the previous one."

Sure I can.  And Bamboo should too.  Diff the list of commits between the build result connected to previous Deployment Version and the build result connected to the one connected to the just created Deployment Version.

What's so hard about it?  Bamboo knows both build results and commits that went into them, doesn't it?

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events