Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webhook not working as explained

Dchosen November 16, 2018

Hi there,

I have webhook url created as the document in the Atlassian site. I am able to trigger the Bamboo build with the curl command but it is working from the Jira Service Desk. I have added the JQL Query and tested and then kept all issues and also tested. Can you tell me where to start troubleshooting??

We have the on-premise Atlassian tools.

Does the custom rule work from the on-premise?

Let me tell you what I am doing. We have the Applications like Jira, confluence, bitbucket and Bamboo linked using oauth. I am trying to trigger a bamboo build when a Jira Service Desk Request is moved to Approve status.

I thought of implementing using the webhook would be the right approach. Let me know if there is anyother way. 

For some reason I tried creating the webhook in the Jira >Systems>Webhook & Service Desk > project setting > automation > Rule.

I am not sure why both of them are not working. Please let me know ur inputs.

1 answer

0 votes
Jonathan Schemmel November 26, 2018

Not sure what you're having troubles with.  But if you setup an account on beeceptor, or any other site like that where you setup an endpoint, you can send the webhook event at that and check the JSON response you receive and make sure it lines up with what you're looking for. 

Dchosen November 26, 2018

Hi Jonathan,

We have the on-premise Atlassian tools.

Does the custom rule work from the on-premise?

Let me tell you what I am doing. We have the Applications like Jira, confluence, bitbucket and Bamboo linked using oauth. I am trying to trigger a bamboo build when a Jira Service Desk Request is moved to Approve status.

I thought of implementing using the webhook would be the right approach. Let me know if there is anyother way. 

For some reason I tried creating the webhook in the Jira >Systems>Webhook & Service Desk > project setting > automation > Rule.

I am not sure why both of them are not working. Please let me know ur inputs.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events