Using del and rd in build plan

Hi all

I have added cmd.exe as an executable to Bamboo (Running on Server 2003 R2 Datacenter) but when i try to use del or rd command lines the files that it was supposed to remove still remain.

Is there a particular way to do this so that i can remove source files from the directory after the program has compiled but before i have it zipped and uploaded to S3?

Thanks in advance

Adam

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

Adam

I think you should configure your job to use Script Task which allows you to create script that will be executed with cmd.exe

Yes that would probably work a lot better, i didnt think of that as i had only seen examples of the script been used with Bash on a Unix/Linux install

So have i have tried using rd FUNC /s /q and also "rd FUNC /s /q" when i realised that it seemed to be listing each one as a seperate argument but nothing seems to work, the files still remain.

Since del and rd don't exist as seperate executables i cannot add them to Bamboo in that way

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

139 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you