Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO support for Bamboo 9.2.1 LTS

Givin Varghese March 13, 2023

Hi Team,

Can you please let me know if/when the SSO for Atlassian Server and Data Center for Bamboo will be compatible with Bamboo version 9.2.1. I can see that Version 4.3.3 supports Bamboo Data Center 8.1.1 - 9.0.2, we are using SSO and going to upgrade to 9.2.1.

Best,
Givin Varghese

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2023

Hello @Givin Varghese

Bamboo 9.2.1 LTS comes with an embedded 4.3.2 version of the SSO for the Atlassian Data Center app.

So no need to worry about compatibility or install it as an external component.

Best regards,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

--please don't forget to Accept the answer if the reply is helpful-- 

Saurabh Singh April 2, 2023

Hi @Eduardo Alvarenga 

Can you please let me know if/when the SSO for Atlassian Server and Data Center for Bitbucket DC 7.21.10 will be released. I can see that Version 4.3.3 supports only Bitbucket Data Center 8.0.0 - 8.8.2, we are using SSO and going to upgrade to Bitbucket DC v7.21.10.

Also asked here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/support-for-Bitbucket-DC-7-21-10-LTS/qaq-p/2318970

Thanks

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2023

@Saurabh Singh

BBS 7.21.10 DC embeds the SSO app version 4.2.17, but you can update it up to 4.2.22:

Regards,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

Saurabh Singh April 3, 2023

Thanks!

Frank Koch May 10, 2023

I just installed Bamboo 9.2.1 LTS.

For SSO for Atlassian Data Center 4.3.4 it says: "This app is not compatible with your Bamboo instance."

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
May 10, 2023

Hello @Frank Koch,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

SSO for Atlassian Data Center is already embedded in later releases of the Bamboo application. You don't need to install it as an app.

Thank you,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

Frank Koch May 11, 2023

@Eduardo Alvarenga SSO for Atlassian Data Center (4.3.4) is embedded and active.

That's the App that is saying: "This app is not compatible with your Bamboo instance."

The App seems to be working as expected, but the warning message worries me. I wonder if the App compatibility check needs to be updated to include Bamboo 9.2.1 LTS.

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
May 11, 2023

Hello @Frank Koch

The SSO for Atlassian Data Center (4.3.4) incompatible note will only appear at the front page if it had been manually upgraded or came from a previous version of Bamboo that was recently upgraded to 9.2.1.

Version 4.3.4 works pretty well with Bamboo 9.2.1 and you can choose to simply ignore the message or you can optionally remove the updated jar file by deleting the file from <bamboo-home>/shared/plugins and restarting Bamboo. Doing so will default to the app to its embedded version (4.3.2) which will not be reported as incompatible at UPM's front page.

I have raised an internal ticket to align the compatibility of the SSO plugin with supported Bamboo releases.

Cheers,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

Mike Hoffman December 7, 2023

Hello @Eduardo Alvarenga 

Is this now also the case for Jira DC 9.12? It's showing incompatible, and we have an imminent upgrade to 9.12 on 16th Dec.

Mike

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
December 7, 2023

Hi @Mike Hoffman I can't really respond on behalf of Jira. For that, I suggest you ask the question here.

Sincerely,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

Like Mike Hoffman likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events