Running msbuild from linux build server

Mathew Hooper July 11, 2013

Can anyone tell me if this is possible? I'm assuming I need a remote agent and that remote agent as the path to the MSBuild file

It's also unclear on the site if you have to pay extra for remote agents - could anyone clarify

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sultan Maiyaki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2013

Hi Mathew,

If your server is on linux and you are interested in running builds that depends on Windows executable, then you will have to startup a remote agent on a windows server to handle the build. This is where remote agents comes in handy to allow you run your builds across platforms. Thanks

Sultan

Mathew Hooper July 11, 2013

Hi Sultan,

Thanks for your answer. I had reviewed the licence and noted you have to pay for the remote agent. I have found a windows box I can install the Bamboo server on and use the executables from it.

Thanks

Markus Ursinus February 13, 2017

Hi Sultan,

that's the answer I was searching for. Maybe it would be a great idea to menition that in the Bamboo documentation smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events