Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore from backup to development server

Larry Selvey February 27, 2013

I recently took over administration of our Bamboo installation, so I'm still learning. I'm attempting to create a development instance so that I can test the latest release (4.4.0) before upgrading the production instance. I ran the export on the production server with no issues, now I started the installation on the development server and after I clicked the Continue button on Importing existing data, it has been running for over 24 hours. The last entry in the log was Import completed. 1:04:18.019. How long should I expect the import to take (the .zip file was 400M)? If I attempt to open the dev server in a new browser, I get this message: Bamboo is currently importing. Depending on the number of builds and test results, the time until Bamboo is available will vary.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Larry Selvey March 5, 2013

After multiple attempts, I was able to resolve (or at least work around). If I try to import the backup during the setup, it hangs every time (even though the log indicates it finishes). Restarting the service just restarts the setup again. What I did was step through the entire setup and NOT import the backup, just start with an empty setup. Then from the admin screen, I was able to successfully import the backup.

0 votes
Adam Myatt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2013

It really depends on the number of Plans and Build Results. 10,000's of builds results you can expect hours and hours. Not sure 24 hours is realistic unless you have a massive instance. Sounds more like it may have crashed or errored out, but just a guess based on the 24 hour run time.

Adam Myatt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2013

Also before doing the import I would edit or remove the SMTP server settings, if set, to prevent any builds from automatically running upon startup and sending build failure emails to your users.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events