Prevent Bamboo from automatically adding JDK capabilities

emddudley April 10, 2012

Is there a way to prevent Bamboo from automatically adding JDK capabilities?

When I install JDKs on my agents, Bamboo automatically creates "JDK" and "JDK 1.6" capabilities. I do not want these capabilities, and I have to keep deleting them when they reappear.

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
AjayA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2012

Could you restart your Bamboo agent after adding -DDISABLE_AGENT_AUTO_CAPABILITY_DETECTION=true flag?

This will disable automatic capability detection on the agent.

Cheers,

Ajay.

1 vote
Etan Reisner March 18, 2014

Dealt with in more detail in largely duplicate question: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/84968/bamboo-remote-agent-capability-auto-detection

I suggest closing this in favor of that.

0 votes
Etan Reisner March 19, 2014

That helps you target those specific agents for the builds that need them but that doesn't prevent other builds from also selecting them as valid build agents does it? (Assuming those other builds just need the JDK capabilities that is.)

In either case the ticket I referenced is about the same issue only has more discussion and a link to the upstream ticket filed requesting this feature. I still think this ticket should be closed or marked as duplicate but <shrug>.

0 votes
Lorin Davis March 19, 2014

Actually we got around this by adding a custom capabillity to the agents we don't want certain jobs building on and then added that capabillity as a requirement to the plan's we want to only build on those agents.

0 votes
Adam Myatt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 12, 2012

I tried it and it doesn't seem to work. I had an auto-detected capability "JDK" which I deleted via the admin panel for the agent.

In the agent's wrapper.conf I have :

wrapper.java.additional.1=-Dbamboo.home=/opt/Atlassian/agents/01
wrapper.java.additional.2=-Dbamboo.agent.ignoreServerCertName=false
wrapper.java.additional.3=-Dbamboo.agent.heartbeatInterval=15
wrapper.java.additional.4=-DDISABLE_AGENT_AUTO_CAPABILITY_DETECTION=true

Does this look right? On restarting the agent it auto detected a JDK capability again and re-added to the agent.

One thing that may complicate this is that my agent uses a custom bamboo-capabilities.properties file in the BIN directory that specifies a list of capabilities. The "JDK" capability that is auto-detected is NOT in that file.

My use case is that I use the properties file to define a specific list of capabilities and do NOT want the auto detected capabilities to be rediscovered and listed.

Lorin Davis February 19, 2013

I'm having the same issue did you ever resolve this issue?

I've tried addig it to the wrapper.conf file as well as reinstalling the service using

java -Ddisable_agent_auto_capability_detection=true -Dbamboo.home=D:\bamboo-agent-home -jar atlassian-bamboo-agent-installer-3.4.4.jar <servernmae> installntservice
pause

Nothing seems to work, ever time I restart the Agent it auto finds the JDK capabilities.

My Remote Agent is on a Windows 7 PC for doing .NET builds.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events