Prevent Bamboo from automatically adding JDK capabilities

Is there a way to prevent Bamboo from automatically adding JDK capabilities?

When I install JDKs on my agents, Bamboo automatically creates "JDK" and "JDK 1.6" capabilities. I do not want these capabilities, and I have to keep deleting them when they reappear.

5 answers

1 accepted

Could you restart your Bamboo agent after adding -DDISABLE_AGENT_AUTO_CAPABILITY_DETECTION=true flag?

This will disable automatic capability detection on the agent.

Cheers,

Ajay.

I tried it and it doesn't seem to work. I had an auto-detected capability "JDK" which I deleted via the admin panel for the agent.

In the agent's wrapper.conf I have :

wrapper.java.additional.1=-Dbamboo.home=/opt/Atlassian/agents/01
wrapper.java.additional.2=-Dbamboo.agent.ignoreServerCertName=false
wrapper.java.additional.3=-Dbamboo.agent.heartbeatInterval=15
wrapper.java.additional.4=-DDISABLE_AGENT_AUTO_CAPABILITY_DETECTION=true

Does this look right? On restarting the agent it auto detected a JDK capability again and re-added to the agent.

One thing that may complicate this is that my agent uses a custom bamboo-capabilities.properties file in the BIN directory that specifies a list of capabilities. The "JDK" capability that is auto-detected is NOT in that file.

My use case is that I use the properties file to define a specific list of capabilities and do NOT want the auto detected capabilities to be rediscovered and listed.

I'm having the same issue did you ever resolve this issue?

I've tried addig it to the wrapper.conf file as well as reinstalling the service using

java -Ddisable_agent_auto_capability_detection=true -Dbamboo.home=D:\bamboo-agent-home -jar atlassian-bamboo-agent-installer-3.4.4.jar <servernmae> installntservice
pause

Nothing seems to work, ever time I restart the Agent it auto finds the JDK capabilities.

My Remote Agent is on a Windows 7 PC for doing .NET builds.

Dealt with in more detail in largely duplicate question: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/84968/bamboo-remote-agent-capability-auto-detection

I suggest closing this in favor of that.

Actually we got around this by adding a custom capabillity to the agents we don't want certain jobs building on and then added that capabillity as a requirement to the plan's we want to only build on those agents.

That helps you target those specific agents for the builds that need them but that doesn't prevent other builds from also selecting them as valid build agents does it? (Assuming those other builds just need the JDK capabilities that is.)

In either case the ticket I referenced is about the same issue only has more discussion and a link to the upstream ticket filed requesting this feature. I still think this ticket should be closed or marked as duplicate but <shrug>.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,067 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot