Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUnitRunner : How to use pass NUnit Options in the NUnitRunner task?

Abhash Rajbhandari March 7, 2018

I have a project where I want to pass NUnit options in Bamboo's NUnitRunner task. My NUnit command line is as follows:

nunit-console.exe --params="Browser=chrome;ExecuteSomething=Yes" Solution.compiled.dll --where "cat==ParallelCategory"

How can I achieve similar thing in Bamboo?

1 answer

0 votes
Elias Zeidan (they/them)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2018

Hi Abhash,

Thank you for reaching out to the Atlassian Community!

Those command line options are from NUnit version 3.x, for which we don't yet have support. There is an open Feature Request for supporting NUnit 3.x arguments and parameters here:
[\[BAM\-18833\] Support New NUnit Runner Command line parameters|https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-18833]

As a workaround, please add the command into a Script task, using an Inline script and your command line as you sent before; ie:

nunit-console.exe --params="Browser=chrome;ExecuteSomething=Yes" Solution.compiled.dll --where "cat==ParallelCategory"

(Edit) Please note that we'll need to specify NUnit 2 format for the test results file so that Bamboo is able to parse it. To do this, you can add the following:

--result=TestResults.xml;format=nunit2

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Elias | Bamboo Support
Atlassian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events