Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating Bamboo on Windows from Oracle to OpenJDK starts interactively but not as windows service

v8lust December 22, 2018

There are many related links on this topic. The rest of my stack is on Linux, but I have a Windows build server. I have confirmed the following

local service account

OS (2016), JVM (OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM AdoptOpenJDK) and Application are 64bit

JAVA_HOME points to JDK root (not bin or jre)

This is a new host with only 64bit Java 8 update 192 installed and service account has login rights

The only log I get is in commons-daemon with the familiar:

%1 is not a valid Win32 application.
Failed creating Java C:\Program Files\AdoptOpenJDK\jdk8u192-b12\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll

I've also remove user path definition (as this has been a problem with remote agents in the past, but that has quite a different error log)

2 answers

1 vote
Rafael Pinto Sperafico
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2018

Hi @v8lust,

The issue you have commented may be related to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-19683Bamboo service does not start on Windows with 64-bit Java, in which provides you with a suggestion on how to move forward (in comments section)

Kind regards,

Rafael

v8lust December 27, 2018

Greatly appreciated. For now I shall leave it running in a disconnected remote desktop session until Atlassian deliver a product level solution for this.

0 votes
v8lust June 18, 2019

Is there any word on a fix for this in latest Bamboo (6.9+)?

v8lust June 20, 2019

no, same problem in Windows 6.9.1

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events