It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Migrating Bamboo on Windows from Oracle to OpenJDK starts interactively but not as windows service

There are many related links on this topic. The rest of my stack is on Linux, but I have a Windows build server. I have confirmed the following

local service account

OS (2016), JVM (OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM AdoptOpenJDK) and Application are 64bit

JAVA_HOME points to JDK root (not bin or jre)

This is a new host with only 64bit Java 8 update 192 installed and service account has login rights

The only log I get is in commons-daemon with the familiar:

%1 is not a valid Win32 application.
Failed creating Java C:\Program Files\AdoptOpenJDK\jdk8u192-b12\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll

I've also remove user path definition (as this has been a problem with remote agents in the past, but that has quite a different error log)

2 answers

Hi @v8lust,

The issue you have commented may be related to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-19683Bamboo service does not start on Windows with 64-bit Java, in which provides you with a suggestion on how to move forward (in comments section)

Kind regards,

Rafael

Greatly appreciated. For now I shall leave it running in a disconnected remote desktop session until Atlassian deliver a product level solution for this.

Is there any word on a fix for this in latest Bamboo (6.9+)?

no, same problem in Windows 6.9.1

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Bamboo

Unable to add or edit Bitbucket Cloud repository in Bamboo

On 31 May, a GDPR-related change went live in the Bitbucket Cloud API that resulted in users not being able to create or edit Bitbucket Cloud Linked repositories in Bamboo. This API update removed t...

659 views 2 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you