Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked Repository No Longer Accepts my BitBucket Username

Jennifer Moran July 11, 2019

My bitbucket repos have been setup as linked repos in Bamboo for quite a while now.  I just added a new repo in bitbucket and wanted to add it as a linked repo in Bamboo - all of a sudden its telling me my username is invalid.  Its the same username that i have on all my other linked repositories, which by the way are currently working for deployment jobs.  I dont know why this doesnt work anymore ?  Any ideas ?

1 answer

10 votes
Elias Zeidan (they/them)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2019

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for reaching out to the Atlassian Community!

The issue that you are reporting looks to be related to changes to the Bitbucket Cloud APIs that went live on June 11, 2019. As many of these changes were needed to comply with GDPR, and protect our customer data, the changes went live as quickly as possible. Bamboo versions 6.8.3 and 6.9.1 were released to fix these issues, meaning that you will need to upgrade immediately.

We recently released new Upgrade Guides as well, for both Windows and Linux installations: Bamboo Upgrade - Quick Guides, we hope they help with the upgrade process.

Some background

The Bitbucket Cloud REST API v1 was removed, and API v2 endpoints were updated to comply with GDPR privacy regulations. Part of these updates removed a variable containing information that Bamboo expects in the JSON response from Bitbucket.

This change resulted in the creation or editing of Linked repositories of type “Bitbucket Cloud” failing with 401 (Unauthorized) exceptions. You may see "Resource removed" or “Invalid username” error messages in the Bamboo UI.

For more information on the "Resource removed" issue, please see our public bug report here:

For more information on the GDPR related change, please see:

Workaround

If you are unable to upgrade right away, as a workaround, we recommend creating Linked repositories of type Git or Mercurial to connect to your Bitbucket Cloud repositories.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Cheers,
Elias | Bamboo Senior Support Engineer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events