Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link Repository Permission

talleym August 13, 2019

Is there a way to set permissions so that users can link repositories to a Bamboo build plan from within the build plan configuration?

See below for the option I'd like available to a Bamboo user. As it stands, however, only Bamboo Admins have this permission. Am I missing some configuration? Or does a user have to be a Bamboo Admin to link a repository in the build plan configuration?

* Just for clarification, I'm not talking about creating a global linked repository. Just linking a repository to a build plan.

You can get to this screen by loading any build plan, selecting Actions -> Configure plan, selecting the Repositories tab, and selecting "Add repository":

image.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2019

Hi @talleym

The user does not need to be a Bamboo instance admin, it just needs to have the Create repository permission from global permissions.

Users with that permission can create liked repositories as well as plan repositories. We don't have special permission to create repositories only in the plan area.

We have a feature request to change this behavior:

Please add your votes and set yourself as a watcher if you want to get updates from this feature request.

I hope that clarifies this scenario.

0 votes
talleym August 15, 2019

Thank you, that did help; I did not see that permission. I have voted for and started watching the issue you linked.

Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2019

You are welcome!
I'm glad it helped. =]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events