Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is xcresult file type not supported as bamboo artifact?

naghma_parween March 15, 2024

Hi, 

I am running a fastlane build for my iOS application on bamboo. I am trying to save filetype ".xcresult" as a build artifact. 
This file is present at the provided location but not attached as a build artifact. 
I also tried to return all files present in the folder as an artifact. However, apart from xcresult file, the other file, in the said folder, was attached as build artifact. 

Does that mean, bamboo does not support this file type as an artifact? 
Is there a list of supported/un-supported file type for artifact? 

Please let me know. Thank you!  

1 answer

1 vote
Shashank Kumar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2024

Hello Naghma,

Welcome to Atlassian Support

As far as I am aware Bamboo does not have any limitation on file types as Artifacts, just for testing purpose I defined a artifact and using generated a test file using touch abcd.xcresult in my script task, I am able to see this file in the artifacts tab, below is my artifact definition.

image.png

You can see my artifact was created and I am able to download it

image.png

Can you try the above artifact definition and let me know the results.

Regards,

Shashank Kumar

**please don't forget to Accept the answer if your query was answered**

naghma_parween March 19, 2024

Hi Shashank Kumar ,
I have tried this way of declaration and couple of other ways too that I could think of but it didn't work out for me. 
If not for the extension type will the name of the file be a problem? screenshot.PNG The file name is long and has .-+ symbols in it. 

Just an update, I tried fetching the file after shortening the name without any special chars, it didn't work. 
However, it worked when I converted the file to a zip file. 
Just for my curiosity, is there any way to restrict bamboo on the instance level regarding the type of file bamboo attaches as an artifact? 
It might be that the restriction is on my organization's bamboo. 

Shashank Kumar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2024

Hello Naghma,

On Instance level we don't have a functionality to restrict Bamboo to read the artifacts, the only way this can be done is on each Artifact level using Exclusion pattern(s)

image.png

Bamboo normally ignores any hidden files for artifacts which are inside the folder, but I believe that is not the case with you.

What is the Bamboo version you are using, I'll try to see If I am able to replicate the issue and maybe it can be a bug on that version, also please send me the exact pattern of the file and it's name and size. 

Regards,

Shashank Kumar

Hi Shashank Kumar 

The bamboo version I am using is version 9.4.1 build 90412. 
It's not a hidden file and the user has read-write access to it. I reconfirmed. 

Please see the attached pictures, for .xcresult.zip file, I am able to get artifact attachment. 
 While when I change the file pattern to .xcresult file, I am not getting any attachments. 
Both files are in the same source directory as in the screenshot. 

I didnt add any exclude pattern. 
File path is also same only pattern is different. 

artifact.PNGfilepath.pngscreenshot.PNG

With xcresult.zip pattern. 

artifacts.PNGfilepath.png

Shashank Kumar
Atlassian Team
March 20, 2024

Thanks for all the details.

I'll try to test few things today and confirm the behaviour in my local machine and will keep you posted on the thread here.

Regards,

Shashank Kumar

Shashank Kumar
Atlassian Team
March 20, 2024

Hi Naghma,

I am not able to replicate this on 9.4.1, probably something specific to your Instance, this might need some detailed investigation, If you have a valid SEN you can raise a support request with Atlassian support. 

Or I would let other community members opine their thoughts on this.

Regards,

Shashank Kumar

naghma_parween March 21, 2024

Hi Shashank, 

I got to know what the problem was. '.xcresult' file is of type result bundle. Basically it;s treated as a folder structure. So I was not able to pick it up as file. I changed the file pattern to **/*.* and it was picked up along with other files. 

artifact-test.png

Shashank Kumar
Atlassian Team
March 21, 2024

Thanks for letting us know! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events