Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a upgrade procedure for bamboo 6.2.2 to latest version ?

André-Vincent Boivin August 26, 2019

Is there a upgrade procedure for bamboo 6.2.2 to the latest community version ?

The version I have seems to now be called "starter version". It stopped working last week because of the old API deprecation, we would like to upgrade our bamboo so it uses the new API version.

Is there a way to simply make my current bamboo use the bitbucket API v2 ? 

This is the error we're getting which I believe is going to force me into upgrading the installation :

Failed to load data from Bitbucket. com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.bitbucket.api.BitbucketApiException: HTTP 410 {"type": "error", "error": {"message": "Resource removed", "detail": "This API is no longer supported.\n\nFor information about its removal, please refer to the deprecation notice at: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/bitbucket/deprecation-notice-v1-apis/"}}

Anyhow, here's the current version of my installation

Bamboo version information

Version6.2.2

Build number60209

Build date10/13/17

What is the most straightforward upgrade procedure I could follow so I don't lose my current jobs configurations ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2019

Hi @André-Vincent Boivin

Short response

Long response

Is there a upgrade procedure for bamboo 6.2.2 to the latest community version ?

Assuming your license is still valid, you can upgrade Bamboo to the latest version available.

If your license is expired, you can still update your Bamboo if there is any Bamboo version released before your license expiration date.

The version I have seems to now be called "starter version". It stopped working last week because of the old API deprecation, we would like to upgrade our bamboo so it uses the new API version.

The name starter version (better-called Starter License) is not connected to the API limitation you mentioned. This is just the license type you have which gives you support only through Community.

The API limitation is a recent change needed due to become compliant with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). There are more details about this at:

Is there a way to simply make my current bamboo use the bitbucket API v2 ? 

Yes, as described in the article shared above ("Unable to add or edit Bitbucket..."). You need to use the Git repository type.

What is the most straightforward upgrade procedure I could follow so I don't lose my current jobs configurations ?

The upgrade path is described in this document:

If you face any issues to run over it, just let us know.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events