Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a Bamboo variable which indicates the trigger type?

Gail Stewart March 12, 2013

Now that a build can be triggered for multiple reasons, I'd like to use that information. For instance, I would like to only run the sonar analysis on the nightly/scheduled build, not on the builds triggered by other builds or by checkins.

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Gail Stewart March 20, 2013

I believe the answer is that there is no Bamboo variable to indicate the reason the build was triggered. I have filed BAM-13030 requesting this feature.

Sultan Maiyaki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2013

Yeap great that you already raised a request for that :)

0 votes
Hubert Cross January 9, 2020

How is this solved? I still cannot easily tell whether a build was run due to a commit or a scheduled run. I don't where else to vent my frustrations at yet another key feature that should be trivial to implement and years later does not exist.

Now I'm faced with using the REST Api to trigger nightly builds with a specific 'nightly' user to distinguish these from daytime manual builds (where a user other than 'nightly' is the value of that half-baked ManualBuildTriggerReason variable) and scm trigger builds where that variable will not be set at all.

This means the configuration for nightly builds will have to live *outside* of bamboo altogether.

0 votes
Culme June 1, 2018

[I need to scrap this answer altogether, turns out my tests were flawed and my workaround did not work...]

0 votes
Sultan Maiyaki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2013

Hmm I can`t seem to find a variable to retrive that. The only vailable variable is to retrieve the person who triggered a manual build using the variable bamboo.ManualBuildTriggerReason.userName

I am kind of believeing you can retireve this info using rest API call as explained in http://docs.atlassian.com/bamboo/REST/4.0/#idp108720

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events