Is it possible to show commit number instead of build number on the dashboard?

Bamboo shows build number for each plan on the dashboard. History page uses build number for indexing too. Revision number is available on Build Summary tab after open a build page. It's uncomfortable. CruiseControl.net can do it. How it possible in Bamboo?

2 answers

Hi Vasknop,

I have raised this as an improvement request at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-14115which you can watch for updates

Hi Vasknop,

Revision number doesn't make sense because you can have zero repositories or dozens of them in one build plan. Also you can have more than one build from the same sources.

If you do not have any repository then another labeling is possible. See details http://cruisecontrolnet.org/projects/ccnet/wiki/Labeller_Blocks

For me and our developers it have the sense about 7 years. All except to see only revision number ( Perforce,AccuRev, SVN) right on the start page. If the build Forced to build twice it's not a problem. The logs are separate. The lable Unknown if no any build yet.

(Sorry, this screen from slightly modified CruiseContorl.NET. Native version shows "Fail" instead of revision number)

Labellers is an interesting idea.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Ops

Jira Ops Early Access Program Update #1: Announcing our next feature and a new integration

Thanks for signing up for Jira Ops! I’m Matt Ryall, leader for the Jira Ops product team at Atlassian. Since this is a brand new product, we’ll be delivering improvements quickly and sharing updates...

179 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you