Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to add own data to email, which is sent by Bamboo on build success/failure

Anton_Kuryan February 11, 2020

Is it possible to add own data to email, which is sent by Bamboo on build success/failure? 

My use case is following - most of the times my deployments are OK, but when they fail - I have 2 tasks, executed as post deployment tasks, which means that I could not find error easily. I wish to add errors collection in those places, where I know they are happening most recently and append those collected error to failure email. 

Is it possible to achieve this by standard means of Bamboo?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2020

Hi @Anton_Kuryan,

Yes you can modify the email notifications.  The process is documented here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/modifying-notification-templates-289276982.html?_ga=2.76645399.326334688.1581302410-750730194.1576610493

As for the use case you are looking to achieve, I'm not 100% sure how you would capture the errors you are looking to report on.

Given the example shows adding content with Bamboo variables, you might be able to save the error result to a bamboo variable that you are using in the custom notification template.

I hope that helps get you started.

-Jimmy

Anton_Kuryan February 11, 2020

But this means that I will modify notifications for a whole Bamboo installation, is not it?

My Bamboo installation serves a lot of builds and deployments, while I am in charge for only small part of them. Is there more granular way to do it?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2020

Hi @Anton_Kuryan,

I don't believe there is a way to do that at this time based on a similar response from Atlassian: 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Can-you-customize-the-Bamboo-email-templates-on-a-per-plan-basis/qaq-p/520265

I don't see a feature request logged for that request so it doesn't look as though this is something that will be possible in the near future.

Sorry I can't offer more help.

-Jimmy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events