Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Oracle JAVA and Open JDK on same Bamboo machine to execute Bamboo tasks

Devendar Gangapuram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2022

Hi Team,

We have already Bamboo running on Oracle JAVA where it is used for some Bamboo tasks execution too.

Now we have new Bamboo tasks which are need to run on Open JDK on same Bamboo instance . Some one please guide me how to run Bamboo tasks which includes to execute on Open JDK and Oracle JAVA. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2022

You can define different JDK as different capabilities at Agent settings.

Then you can use those capabilities when configure tasks

Devendar Gangapuram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2022

Thank you @Alexey Chystoprudov  for quick reply,

We have only default Agent , no other agents. So can we run on same agent with 2 different JAVA capabilities?

Like Deleted user likes this
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 4, 2022

I guess you say default for local agent, do you? In such case you need to add JDK to Server capabilities, see BAMBOO_URL/admin/agent/configureSharedLocalCapabilities.action

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this
Reneesh Kottakkalathil
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2022

Yes. You can execute different versions of java on a single agent. I don't see an issue.

Devendar Gangapuram
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2022

Thank you all for your reply. I will check and post again in case of any issues. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events