Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run NUnit tests for a .NET Core project?

shaulbehr March 29, 2018

We have a .NET Core 2.1 unit test project, which contains a battery of NUnit tests. We are using NUnit 3.10.1.

Unfortunately, NUnit Console does not yet support .NET Core projects. So the only way to run tests in Bamboo is to use the `dotnet test` command. 

So I tried doing that by running it as a command in the Bamboo build, and it does indeed run, but when it fails, it just says that the step failed, without specifying which tests caused it to fail.

I presume there's supposed to be an output file that Bamboo can read to get the test results. So how should I set this up so that I can see the test results?

1 answer

0 votes
robhit
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2018

Hi Shaul,

Thanks for your question!

Since you are using command the Bamboo will only show that the command failed (task) which is indeed based on the return code from the command. I am thinking of using it with the debug flag to get more information when this command is run. 

Honestly, I do not have any dotnet code to test. Let me know if that works.

Thanks,

Robhit

shaulbehr April 8, 2018

Hi Robhit,

I don't understand your suggestion. 

How do you recommend I set up my unit tests to run so that I can see the detailed results of which tests failed?

Shaul

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events