Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How to connect bamboo to database it was using but for some reason it disconnected from it.

I have a instance of bamboo 6.1.1 on win10 machine.

Bamboo was connected to PostgreSQL database.

After (probably) windows updates instalation Bamboo lost connection with the db and now asks me for configuring license key and so on.

When I point to the db that bamboo uses before, it point out that database contains existing data - which is absolutely true - it contains data that bamboo creates by itself there.

Can I reconnect to this db in order to no loose all the data ? All the plans setting and so on ?

Or maybe these settings are not stored in db and I can get them from somewhere in the installation folder and restore it ?

2 answers

This happened to me as well. It turned out my bamboo.cfg.xml file in the bamboo-home folder was renamed to bamboo.cfg (1).xml. Upon deleting the bamboo.cfg.xml and renaming bamboo.cfg (1).xml back to bamboo.cfg.xml everything returned to normal again after a server restart.

I know this issue is quite old, but I thought someone else might benefit from my ordeal.

Bamboo settings are stored in two places: bamboo.home at hard drive and DB. Credentials for DB access are stored at bamboo.home, it's the path you configured at BAMBOO_INSTALLATION/atlassian-bamboo/WEB-INF/classes/bamboo-init.properties

So it looks like OS upgrade cleaned up or moved content of bamboo.home folder

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events