Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many agents do I need?

pigit February 12, 2016

I want to deploy on three different servers. Can I do this with one agent or how many do I need?

2 answers

0 votes
Tim Crall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2016

The reason to have multiple agents is if you need them due to mutually incompatible requirements (i.e. windows agents and linux agents) or because you need them to reduce wait times.  Otherwise you should be able to use a single agent.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2016

You can do it with one agent, as long as the agent can connect to the 3 servers. It depends on where you are deploying and how you are deploying.

In short, agents doesn't represent where the code is deployed it. They are the servers where the actual build is done. If your process needs the deployment to be done in the target env, then you will need as many agents.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events