How do you get a BitBucket pull request to trigger a Bamboo build?

I am developing a workflow using BitBucket and Bamboo, and can't for the life of me figure out how to tell Bamboo to create plan branches on a pull request. In fact, I see nothing at all in Bamboo Build plans about pull requests. I am able to get Bamboo to respond to a general commit on a matching plan branch, but we want our developers to do a code review and create a PR rather than having Bamboo handle auto-merging at that point. How are PRs generally handled in Bamboo? Is there a better way to do it?

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi Derek,

Currently Bamboo doesn't handle pull requests very well (or at all honestly). Here is the existing feature request to get this functionality into Bamboo: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-14844

Until that functionality has been baked into Bamboo the only workaround would be to write a plugin or API tool yourself.
Apologies that a better solution isn't available at this time!

Thanks

Turner 

Is there a recommended workflow for CI/CD using BitBucket and Bamboo?

We're using this to build, test, and deploy a PHP web application (Magento)

1 votes
Roger Barnes Atlassian Team Aug 09, 2017

There have been some recent developments on this front. Bamboo 6.0 is able to trigger build in response to pull request create and update events. It can also be configured to create the theoretical merge of the source and target branches before building, increasing the chances of catching an integration problem.

Can you provide a link to any documentation on this?  I'd like to explore this as a possibility.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,066 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot