Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get a BitBucket pull request to trigger a Bamboo build?

Derek Rosenzweig June 9, 2015

I am developing a workflow using BitBucket and Bamboo, and can't for the life of me figure out how to tell Bamboo to create plan branches on a pull request. In fact, I see nothing at all in Bamboo Build plans about pull requests. I am able to get Bamboo to respond to a general commit on a matching plan branch, but we want our developers to do a code review and create a PR rather than having Bamboo handle auto-merging at that point. How are PRs generally handled in Bamboo? Is there a better way to do it?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
cbenard1
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2015

Hi Derek,

Currently Bamboo doesn't handle pull requests very well (or at all honestly). Here is the existing feature request to get this functionality into Bamboo: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-14844

Until that functionality has been baked into Bamboo the only workaround would be to write a plugin or API tool yourself.
Apologies that a better solution isn't available at this time!

Thanks

Turner 

Derek Rosenzweig June 10, 2015

Is there a recommended workflow for CI/CD using BitBucket and Bamboo?

Derek Rosenzweig June 10, 2015

We're using this to build, test, and deploy a PHP web application (Magento)

2 votes
Roger Barnes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2017

There have been some recent developments on this front. Bamboo 6.0 is able to trigger build in response to pull request create and update events. It can also be configured to create the theoretical merge of the source and target branches before building, increasing the chances of catching an integration problem.

Shane Corbin September 14, 2017

Can you provide a link to any documentation on this?  I'd like to explore this as a possibility.

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2017
0 votes
Anuar Mamede Neto July 4, 2018

Hi, I simply set the bamboo build plan to check for commits at an specific branch, so when o merge the pull request it triggers the build.

Ashvin Narayanan December 2, 2018

@Anuar Mamede Neto I think you may have misunderstood the requirement here. The requirement is to trigger a build on PR creation, not once it’s merged.

Ignacio Flores May 30, 2019

@Anuar Mamede Neto did you manage to figure this out ?

Ignacio Flores May 30, 2019

Sorry, was for @Ashvin Narayanan 

Anuar Mamede Neto June 1, 2019

As @Ashvin Narayanan said, I misunderstood.
So, no, I have not figured it out.

Prashanth Charlie November 26, 2021

@Ashvin Narayanan hello sir did you get a solution for triggering a bamboo build after a pull request

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events