How do I add users to Crowd Groups from a Delegated Authentication Directory?

What I'm trying to accomplish is have authentication managed by Active Directory and Authorization managed by crowd.

So when I user authenticates into Bamboo using their AD credentials the authorization piece is managed by crowd and depending on the crowd group assignments determines the level of permissions.

Is this possible? I'd like to start by defining the bamboo-admin group in the crowd internal directory and then have users added from the external delegated authentication directory.

Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

Hello Nick,

First of all you need to add an user's directory in Crowd (your AD) and then you need to configure the Crowd's directories, groups and users for Bamboo as described below:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Integrating+Crowd+with+Atlassian+Bamboo#IntegratingCrowdwithAtlassianBamboo-1.1PrepareCrowd%27sDirectories/Groups/UsersforBamboo

I hope this helps, if possible please check the whole article to have a better idea about this integration with Bamboo.

Best Regards,

LJ.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,096 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot