Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add users to Crowd Groups from a Delegated Authentication Directory?

Nicholas Beenham November 8, 2012

What I'm trying to accomplish is have authentication managed by Active Directory and Authorization managed by crowd.

So when I user authenticates into Bamboo using their AD credentials the authorization piece is managed by crowd and depending on the crowd group assignments determines the level of permissions.

Is this possible? I'd like to start by defining the bamboo-admin group in the crowd internal directory and then have users added from the external delegated authentication directory.

Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
LuizA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2012

Hello Nick,

First of all you need to add an user's directory in Crowd (your AD) and then you need to configure the Crowd's directories, groups and users for Bamboo as described below:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Integrating+Crowd+with+Atlassian+Bamboo#IntegratingCrowdwithAtlassianBamboo-1.1PrepareCrowd%27sDirectories/Groups/UsersforBamboo

I hope this helps, if possible please check the whole article to have a better idea about this integration with Bamboo.

Best Regards,

LJ.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events