How can I use the release versioning configuration for a branch?

David Weiner December 26, 2014

When the plan runs and the release is generated, the release versioning pattern specified in the linked deployment plan is used and the variable substitution takes place.  However, when running a branch, simple versioning is used, defaulting to the name of the plan and the build number.  How can I use the release versioning pattern from the deployment plan with a branch?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 26, 2014

Hello David,

Thank you for your question.

Could you please inform what is the current Bamboo version you are running on, please?

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

0 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 26, 2014

Hello David,

Thank you for the information provided.

There is an entry in our bug tracking related to the issue raised:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-14891

If you also agree, I would suggest adding any comments to the issue above as well as voting on the issue to create its popularity and likelihood of being fixed in a future release.

Please see the document below for more information on Atlassian's bug fixing policy:

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might be facing the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

0 votes
David Weiner December 26, 2014

Currently running 5.6.2, considering an upgrade to 5.7.2 if it will help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events