Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Bamboo 4 support notifications when executing branch plans?

Mark McD May 15, 2012

I've just set up quite a few branches across my Bamboo plans using version 4's new branching feature but I am not getting emails when the plan should be triggering them (on failed builds). The test email sends successfully.

Does Bamboo trigger notifications on branch events? If no, can it be configured to? If so, any idea what might be wrong?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 15, 2012

The way is should work: all people who committed changes included in a build and all people who have favourited a branch should receive notifications for build failures and first success after failure. If that does not work, it's best if you contacted support - it's either a bug or an infrastructure issue. Do the notifications (build failure/first success) work for the parent plan?

Mark McD May 17, 2012

I set up a new notification to email committers on every build & that's working for the branches, but I have an "email this address for failures & first success" that isn't working for all of them. Looks like it's time to call support. Thanks.

Ian Vaughan May 19, 2015

I too have this problem, emails work fine for the main plan branch builds, but for Plan branches I get nothing!

0 votes
James Dumay
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2012

If you want to setup different notifications for each branch, there is a feature request open for that. Please vote on it :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events