Does Atlassian provide a tool to manage nuget packages?

Maarten_Buth September 13, 2017

We would like to build C# software with bamboo, package the dll's into a nuget package with the nuget tool and then distribute and manage the nupkg files.
To use it in visual studio a source is needed, can anyone provide some usefull tips/tools or howto?

2 answers

1 vote
Vladimir Petrov February 25, 2020

I think that @Maarten Buth talking about some additional Atlassian Bamboo tool/widget or any other possibility that will provide the supporting of .Net packages distribution (like a private Bamboo-Nuget server that will support any package publishing and restoring if specify this server as a PackageSource while restoring), it's like Maven for Java, I think there is similar thread here since 2011:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bamboo-questions/Nuget-support-on-Bamboo/qaq-p/126514

1 vote
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 15, 2017

If you can build a package via command prompt, it is possible to execute with Bamboo.

I see there is an existing thread that explains this. Maybe this nuget - command line documentation might also help you construct your plan via script task.

Jeremy Stafford July 13, 2018

I think the challenge is that the nuspec is part of the csproj now, so we need a way to update a value in there as part of the build process. My experience tells me "no there is no task solution for this." So we would have to either write our own task or a script/executable on the build server that can patch the csproj before packing the nuget packages.

Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 16, 2018

we need a way to update a value in there as part of the build process

I do not know much about the package you are referring to. But if your intention is to pass a variable during the build process, it is possible with Variables.

You either use Inject variable plugin so that you can inject new Bamboo variables from a file or use Run customised.. to manually Override a variable in the plan with a custom one and run the plan with that.

Did that help you?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events