Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy Spring boot app in server

Kishore Kumar Krishnamurthy August 13, 2017

Hi Guys,

I need to deploy spring boot maven application to the remote server. I would like to know how this can be acheived it?

Thanks,

Kishore

1 answer

1 vote
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2017

Hi Kishore,

If your question is just about how to upload files from Bamboo directly to a remote server as part of a Bamboo job, just use the SCP task in Bamboo.

Hope that helps.

Kishore Kumar Krishnamurthy August 14, 2017

Hi,

I got different problem. The bamboo server running with Java7 and i have few projects build in 7 and few in 8.

I tried using JDK capability for java 8 projects but bamboo not picking the right JDK.Please find the log below:

command 14-Aug-2017 14:59:29 Beginning to execute external process for build 'webservice-client - its-api-provider - Build #6 (WEBSERVICECLIENTS-ITSAPI-BUIL-6)'\n ... running command line: \n/usr/local/six/maven/bin/mvn --batch-mode -Djava.io.tmpdir=/usr/local/bamboo/temp/WEBSERVICECLIENTS-ITSAPI-BUIL clean package\n ... in: /usr/local/atlassian-bamboo-data/xml-data/build-dir/WEBSERVICECLIENTS-ITSAPI-BUIL\n ... using extra environment variables: \nbamboo_deploy_target_devwas8=LPI-DEV-WAS8\nbamboo_scm_base_url=http://srv-qs-svn:18080/svn\nJAVA_HOME=/tmp/jdk8\nbamboo_deploy_target_prod=LPI-PROD-SYD\nuseMavenReturnCode=false\nbamboo_deploy_target_qa=LPI-QA-SYD\nbamboo_repository_url_snapshots=http://srv-qs-nex:8081/nexus/content/repositories/snapshots\nbamboo_websphere_sharedlib_hibernate_path=/six-hibernate\nbamboo_scm_bds_portlets_url=/portlet-applications/portlets\nbamboo_deploy_target_qa2=LPI-QA-BHS\nbamboo_scm_bds_portlet_common_url=/portlet-applications/portlet-common\nbamboo_websphere_sharedlib_dbclient_path=/six-dbclient\nbamboo_scm_portlets_url=/portlets\nbamboo_websphere_sharedlib_common_path=/six-common\nbamboo_maven_global_flags=\nMAVEN2_HOME=/usr/local/six/maven\nbamboo_websphere_sharedlib_base_path=/usr/local/WebSphere/shared-lib\nbamboo_repository_url_releases=http://srv-qs-nex:8081/nexus/content/repositories/releases\nbamboo_deploy_target_dev=LPI-DEV\nbamboo_scm_wsclient_url=/webservice-clients\nMAVEN_OPTS=-Xms512m -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -XX:PermSize=512m\nbamboo_scm_services_url=/services\nM2_HOME=/usr/local/six/maven\nbamboo_deploy_target_prod1=LPI-PROD-SYD\nbamboo_deploy_target_prod2=LPI-PROD-BHS\nbamboo_websphere_sharedlib_wsclient_path=/six-wsclient\nbamboo_websphere_sharedlib_filter_path=/six-filters\nbamboo_snapshots_build_command=clean deploy ${bamboo.maven.global.flags}\nbamboo_scm_common_url=/portlet-common\nbamboo_deploy_target_auth=LPI-PROD-AUTH\nbamboo_scm_servicescommon_url=/services-common\nPATH=/tmp/jdk8/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin\n
error 14-Aug-2017 14:59:29 Error: JAVA_HOME is not defined correctly.
error 14-Aug-2017 14:59:29   We cannot execute /tmp/jdk8/bin/java
simple 14-Aug-2017 14:59:29 Failing task since return code of [/usr/local/six/maven/bin/mvn --batch-mode -Djava.io.tmpdir=/usr/local/bamboo/temp/WEBSERVICECLIENTS-ITSAPI-BUIL clean package] was 1 while expected 0
simple 14-Aug-2017 14:59:29 Finished task 'Clean and package the source code to jar file'
simple 14-Aug-2017 14:59:29 Running post build plugin 'NCover Results Collector'
simple 14-Aug-2017 14:59:29 Running post build plugin 'Clover Results Collector'
simple 14-Aug-2017 14:59:29 Running post build plugin 'Artifact Copier'
simple 14-Aug-2017 14:59:29 Publishing an artifact: its api provider
error 14-Aug-2017 14:59:29 Unable to publish artifact [its api provider]: the source directory /usr/local/atlassian-bamboo-data/xml-data/build-dir/WEBSERVICECLIENTS-ITSAPI-BUIL/target does not exist.
simple 14-Aug-2017 14:59:29 Finished publishing of artifact Shared artifact: [its api provider], pattern: [**/*.jar] anchored at: [target] in 0s
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2017

Are you sure that you have defined the Java capability on your agent? Defining a new JDK capability 

Kishore Kumar Krishnamurthy August 15, 2017

I defined but still didnt work due to access restrictions on servers. I changed to Java 7 project and things are working fine.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events