Can bamboo launch VM on Azure

Hello,  We actually use Azure cloud.  Instead having fix build machines with dedicated agents, we would like to use azure and have bamboo build agent as a cloud.  Is there similar functionality or plugin available as the plugin "Virtual Agents for Bamboo" provide ?

The scenario we are looking for is :

1) create and then turn off all our build images on Azure, install the bamboo build agent on them

2) Have Bamboo, starting the proper build environment when a build need it and use an agent licence

3) At the end of the build, close the build image and free the agent licence

Thanks,

Sylvain

2 answers

0 vote

@Sylvain Gagne Bamboo supports the scenario you have described but only for Amazon AWS. Azure cloud is not supported at the moment.

@Krystian Brazulewicz, I decided to do a search for what I am doing and replaced Azure with Amazon AWS for search options. We have servers both on Azure and on AWS (but my knowledge is more on the Azure side). But maybe you can answer some more questions I have with the AWS side of this.

1) Does it build remote servers with the agents residing on it through AWS? Or is it more like a service that exists in AWS cloudland?

2) If we have capabilities we need to use like node, MSTest, most commonly used capabilities, etc etc...we can specify this on AWS? I am assuming so, based on what I read, but until I jump into and learn more about AWS, I am not 100% sure.

3) I am assuming I can keep my main bamboo server on Azure? And in the adminstration on that server turn on access/configuration to AWS through that?

4) Any other Bamboo with AWS you can point me to to enlighten me?

@Sylvain Gagne No answer here Sylvain sorry, but this is the first place in the whole internet (kidding) where I think I found someone had the same request as myself. And it has been almost a year. Have you found an azure solution to this? Or did you move to AWS? I tried to find a way to send you a message through here directly but without success.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,096 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot