Build Trigger details in case of multiple Repository

sudswastik December 21, 2019

In my plan there are multiple repository , the build will have multiple task for each repository (Artifact creation). Trigger the build in case of any commit in a repository is easy but is there any way that I can get, which  repository and branch  triggered the build so that i can use some sort of condition to skip the task for( Artifact creation) for those  repository, where no changes have been commited. I am trying to the use the conditional plugin to skip the task from running if i get the get the details from trigger.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 23, 2019

Hi @sudswastik

What you are trying to achieve is hard to do in Bamboo, but I'll share the information I have in case it helps you moving forward.

To check which plan triggered the build you will need to compare the following variables:

• bamboo_planRepository_#_revision
  • bamboo_planRepository_#_previousRevision

There is a Community post with an example of a possible approach to compare those variables on a "Unix like" agent:

The problem is, when you have this information, you can't use it as a source informaion for the Conditional tasks for Bamboo plugin. That is because it only accepts default Bamboo variables. If you discover which repository triggered the plan by using a script task (as suggested in the above post), you won't be able to use this information to avoid the task from running.

I opened a feature request to help us with this scenario in the future:

Possible approach

You could use the script to compare the Bamboo variables and then inject a new variable in your build that would tell you which repository triggered the build

To follow this idea you would need to configure your artifact creation on a script task and check the variable you injected (with the repo trigger information) to decide if you should run the commands or not on your script.

Note

There is another feature request that might interest you:

I encourage you to vote in both feature requests shared in this answer. They both could potentially help you and other customers facing similar needs.

I hope that helps! =]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events