Bamboo (v5) deployment and manual tasks

Hello,

I'm currently evaluating Bamboo for use in our company.

I've found that addition of "Deployments" to Bamboo should allow us to integrate with our existing tools much easier. However our release process is rather complicated and we have in-house built tool to track it and multiple sign-offs that are required for release.

With current "Tasks" it does not look like I will be able to recreate the process.

So, my question is, are you planning to introduce some concepts similar to "Stages" for Plans. This way manual stages can be created that will act as a sign-off from people (or software).

Or, maybe it is possible with the help of custom tasks? Some sort of tasks that just blocks the deployment until it receives a sign-off signal?

Thanks,

Roman

1 answer

0 votes
Cristiano Oliveira Community Champion May 28, 2015

Hi guys!

Do you know whether this feature is on Bamboo roadmap?

Thanks,

Cristiano

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Renan Battaglin
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,066 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot