Bamboo (tomcat) slow UI - Memory Issues - not utilizing all allocated memory

Deleted user April 19, 2017

Hi all,

I am running Bamboo on Windows (5.10.0 build 51017) and the UI has become very slow - to the point where if I click on a plan, it will take a good 10-20 seconds to load the page.

The part that I'm interested in, and the most interesting part here, is that the JVM heap size has been increased to 8GB, as below:

2017-04-20 12_11_56-Clipboard.png

But we have found that it will not use more than (roughly) 5 GB - even though the 'private memory' is over 8, as seen here in Process Explorer:

(FYI Column names: Process, CPU, Private Bytes, Working Set, PID, Description, Company Name)

2017-04-20 12_14_13-Bamboo - 10.240.15.184.png

Can anyone explain to me:

1. Why tomcat (and by extension, Java) doesn't consume the maximum amount of allocated memory?
  2. Is there any other configuration items I need to edit to enable the 'full' utilization of RAM?
  3. What additional steps I can take to increase the speed of the UI (without re-installing Bamboo)?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2017

Maybe it just doesn't need that much RAM.Your best bet is to create a support zip at the time when slowness occurs and send it to support.

Your best bet is to create a support zip at the time when slowness occurs and send it to support, you can link the ticket number here. It will contain the information we need to analyze that issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events