Bamboo nunit-console not running [SetUp] section

Hello,

Platform: macOS 10.12.2
Product: Bamboo 5.14.3.1 build 51416

I am having huge trouble trying to get Bamboo to recognise nunit-console.exe run via mono as a recognisable executable for NUnit Runner so have split the task into a script and NUnit parser instead.

In the script, I am simply running:
MONO_IOMAP=all NUNIT-CONSOLE path/to/csproj

When I call the exact same line from a terminal, my test suite executes and passes but everytime it is run through Bamboo, I get a System.NullReferenceException and the line numbers provided suggest the [Setup] section is not being called.
Indeed, if I remove the [Setup] attribute from my test, I get the same error in terminal then.

Output from both terminal and bamboo show it is running the same version of nunit-console (of course) so I do not know why I am getting different outcomes.

Any ideas?

1 answer

0 vote

Just guessing.

Try to pass MONO_IOMAP=all as Environment variable in separate field of Script task

That, unfortunately, does not change anything.

I do not understand why the result is different - it's looking at the same .csproj file and running the same nunit-console executable through the same version of mono. What is causing the test to run differently when the script task is run by Bamboo?
If anyone can shed any light on what is different in general about running scripts through Bamboo, I might be able to put 2 and 2 together...? 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,816 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you