Bamboo: build task - Script Task to run Batch file to create war files for build giving error

Loveleen Sidhu February 4, 2018

getting the following error :

05-Feb-2018 12:46:47 releaseCompleteWar.bat: line 1: Rem: command not found

05-Feb-2018 12:46:47 releaseCompleteWar.bat: line 2: Rem: command not found
05-Feb-2018 12:46:47 releaseCompleteWar.bat: line 4: SETLOCAL: command not found
05-Feb-2018 12:46:47 releaseCompleteWar.bat: line 73: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
05-Feb-2018 12:46:47 releaseCompleteWar.bat: line 82: syntax error: unexpected end of file

1 answer

0 votes
robhit
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2018

Hi Loveleen,

Thanks for your question!

It seems the interpreter is not set correctly in the script task. Also, check for the Agent used to run the build plan (confirm that the plan is executed on the Windows by the Agent as you commands are Windows Compatible)

Thanks,

Robhit

Loveleen Sidhu February 5, 2018

Hi Robhit, 

thanks for getting back. I dont see the interpreter option, when I am trying to set up a script task. It gives me options - Task Description, Script location, script file, arguments,environment variables and working sub directory. no option to say that it is a batch file. 

Thanks

Loveleen

Loveleen Sidhu February 5, 2018

Hi Robhit, 

Still trying to find solution. The script task has batch file mentioned. It is executing the batch file as per required but ant commands in it are failing. cant recognise ant. I added ant as a requirement. Installed ant on the windows bamboo agent but no use. 

Thanks

Loveleen

robhit
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 6, 2018

Hi Loveleen,

How about sharing the screenshot? and the Bamboo Version you are using?

Also, share the commands that you are using.

My Screen Shot:

Screen Shot 0030-02-06 at 11.38.47 PM.png

Loveleen Sidhu February 11, 2018

Hi Robhit, 

this is the task page I see on bamboo. Solved this one by installing ant on the server which was actually missing. But I cant see any interpreter dropdown option on my task page. 

Thanks,

Loveleen

ScriptTask.png

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
February 13, 2018

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events