Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo bootstrap failed: Unable to run pre-bootstrap upgrade tasks as your support period has ended.

Chris Hobbis December 27, 2017

We have this error after upgrading to 6.3 on a windows installation. But the fixes I have seen in the community are to do with updating the license key in the file 'bamboo.cfg.xml' but this file doesn't exist in the Bamboo Home directory! We do have a valid license key but where should it go?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
robhit
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 27, 2017

Hi Chris,

The "bamboo.cfg.xml" is very important to Bamboo as it contains all the relevant information such as Database connection, configuration paths, etc. If this file is missing I doubt your Bamboo is up and running properly!

There are few things which we can check now to confirm if we are looking for the right Bamboo Home Directory:

* Check your log files (Catalina log) and search for string "applicationHome" the path assigned to this variable is the correct Bamboo Home Directory.

If still, the file is missing from the above-found directory then I think you need to rollback your upgrade and perform it again. 

Hope you are taking right steps for the upgrade. You can always refer to the below document for the upgrade:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/bamboo-upgrade-guide-720411366.html

Thanks!

1 vote
Chris Hobbis December 27, 2017

Thanks Robhit. It was indeed a home directory problem, and therefore the wrong serial key was being used. The windows installer asked what directory I would like to use as the Bamboo Home but it seems to have ignored this and used its default directory. Found it and updated the config file.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events