Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo agent install error Cannot run program "chmod": error=13, Permission denied

yogesh_devi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2020

I am running  Atlassian Bamboo version 7.1.1 build 70117 - 23 Jul 20. 

I am trying to add a "Ubuntu 20.04 LTS" remote agent in Bamboo,

When I run the following command on remote agent 

java -jar atlassian-bamboo-agent-installer-7.1.1.jar https://atlproxy.ucalabs.com/bamboo/agentServer/

I get following error 

Installing file: /generic/lib/bamboo-agent-bootstrap-jar-with-dependencies.jar to: /root/bamboo-agent-home/lib/bamboo-agent-bootstrap.jar
Installing file: /arch/linux/x86_64/wrapper to: /root/bamboo-agent-home/bin/wrapper
Error invoking chmod commandString
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "chmod": error=13, Permission denied
at java.base/java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1128)
at java.base/java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1071)
at java.base/java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:590)
at java.base/java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:449)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.agent.installer.strategy.AbstractInstallStrategy.setExecutable(AbstractInstallStrategy.java:25)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.agent.installer.strategy.CopyStrategy.copyFile(CopyStrategy.java:47)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.agent.installer.strategy.CopyStrategy.install(CopyStrategy.java:17)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.agent.installer.InstallableFile.install(InstallableFile.java:25)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.agent.installer.AgentInstaller.install(AgentInstaller.java:282)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.agent.installer.AgentInstaller.main(AgentInstaller.java:91)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: error=13, Permission denied
at java.base/java.lang.ProcessImpl.forkAndExec(Native Method)
at java.base/java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:319)
at java.base/java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:250)
at java.base/java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1107)
... 9 more
root@ubuntu-agent-07:/home/bamboo#

Any thoughts ?

1 answer

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2021

Hi @yogesh_devi ! 

Please, verify the user and location you are installing the wrapper. 

as I see it's in  /root/bamboo-agent-home/bin/wrapper which is not recommend way

yogesh_devi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2021

Hi Gonchik,

Thank you for your response

I am not sure I understand what you mean by "Please, verify the user and location you are installing the wrapper" .

I have tried running this as both "root" and "bamboo" user and  both times I ran it from the home of the bamboo user and I get the stated error in each of those attempts 

In order to install the Atlassian agent I run following command 

java -jar atlassian-bamboo-agent-installer-7.1.1.jar https://atlproxy.ucalabs.com/bamboo/agentServer/

All that ensues including  the below message  is result of what the Bamboo agent Jar does for me.

"Installing file: /arch/linux/x86_64/wrapper to: /root/bamboo-agent-home/bin/wrapper
Error invoking chmod commandString"

So can you please   help me understand what should I do differently 

Best regards 

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2021

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events