Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Bamboo Trial license - The license key you entered was invalid Edited

When I tried to renew my bamboo trial license this time, I got the following message:

The license key you entered was invalid.

I've already tried to change the bamboo.cfg.xml (license.string) value, encode the key, decode it, copy and paste from text files (in case of invisible characters) and erase the whole server and start a fresh new instance, unfortunately, nothing seems to work.

Analysing the Bamboo server logs, I can definitely see the following line when I try to update the license:

bamboo-server_1 | 2018-10-15 01:07:38,520 INFO [http-apr-8085-exec-1] [LicenseEditionPropertyTransformer] License type 'null' can not be resolved. This is a potentially corrupt license.

Which makes me believe that the type of server that is selected when we generate a key via the UI (https://my.atlassian.com/product) hasn't been populated properly. Furthermore, last time I generated a key, there were 2 options (cloud or on-premise bamboo servers) which I could generate the license key for, whereas now, on-premise is selected by default (Maybe that's the problem)?

I would appreciate any help.

Cheers,

Tiago.

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 11.57.58 am.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-15 at 12.28.00 pm.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hey Tiago,

We had an internal issue that affected Bamboo evaluation licenses generated between October 12th, 2018 and October 15th, 2018 -- causing them to be invalid.

It's been fixed for a few days, but if you haven't already, please generate a new evaluation license by logging into your my.atlassian.com account and clicking New Evaluation License. You should have no issues with that new license. 

Furthermore, last time I generated a key, there were 2 options (cloud or on-premise bamboo servers) which I could generate the license key for, whereas now, on-premise is selected by default (Maybe that's the problem)?

We discontinued our Bamboo Cloud offering on January 31, 2017 which is why it's no available as a selection.

Hope this helps! :)

Cheers,

Jeremy

Hey Jeremy,

Yes all good, I already regenerated and the new license works.

cheers :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bamboo

Bamboo 7.1 is here and is packed with value!

I'm happy to announce that Bamboo 7.1 has been released and it’s overflowing with awesome new features. Top-voted issues First and foremost, a bunch of JAC top voted issues has been delivered - y...

621 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you