Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo Trial license - The license key you entered was invalid

Deleted user October 14, 2018

When I tried to renew my bamboo trial license this time, I got the following message:

The license key you entered was invalid.

I've already tried to change the bamboo.cfg.xml (license.string) value, encode the key, decode it, copy and paste from text files (in case of invisible characters) and erase the whole server and start a fresh new instance, unfortunately, nothing seems to work.

Analysing the Bamboo server logs, I can definitely see the following line when I try to update the license:

bamboo-server_1 | 2018-10-15 01:07:38,520 INFO [http-apr-8085-exec-1] [LicenseEditionPropertyTransformer] License type 'null' can not be resolved. This is a potentially corrupt license.

Which makes me believe that the type of server that is selected when we generate a key via the UI (https://my.atlassian.com/product) hasn't been populated properly. Furthermore, last time I generated a key, there were 2 options (cloud or on-premise bamboo servers) which I could generate the license key for, whereas now, on-premise is selected by default (Maybe that's the problem)?

I would appreciate any help.

Cheers,

Tiago.

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 11.57.58 am.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-15 at 12.28.00 pm.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeremy Owen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2018

Hey Tiago,

We had an internal issue that affected Bamboo evaluation licenses generated between October 12th, 2018 and October 15th, 2018 -- causing them to be invalid.

It's been fixed for a few days, but if you haven't already, please generate a new evaluation license by logging into your my.atlassian.com account and clicking New Evaluation License. You should have no issues with that new license. 

Furthermore, last time I generated a key, there were 2 options (cloud or on-premise bamboo servers) which I could generate the license key for, whereas now, on-premise is selected by default (Maybe that's the problem)?

We discontinued our Bamboo Cloud offering on January 31, 2017 which is why it's no available as a selection.

Hope this helps! :)

Cheers,

Jeremy

Deleted user October 17, 2018

Hey Jeremy,

Yes all good, I already regenerated and the new license works.

cheers :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events