Bamboo Jira integration

Peter Hammond July 5, 2011

following the Dragons Stage 7 install I then proceeded to hook up jira to Bamboo, but cannot get it to authenticate my user when complete.

The Dragon Slayer instructions tell me to point the crowd url to Jira, but this gives a 404 not found for services/SecurtyServer, surely this should point to crowd?

4 answers

0 votes
Michael S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2011

You'll also want to remove the old 2.0.7 integration client JAR.

0 votes
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2011

It's true that Bamboo 3.1 natively uses SOAP. But you can use the new REST API by downloading and installing a Bamboo JAR. See stepd 7.4.10 and 7.4.11 in Dragons:

1. Download a new 'Crowd integration client' JAR from the download site.
  2. Copy the downloaded JAR to your Bamboo installation folder: {<tt>BAMBOO_INSTALL}/webapp/WEB-INF/lib</tt>

<tt>Here's the Dragons doc URL: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ATLAS/Dragons+Stage+7+-+Install+Bamboo</tt>

And yes, Bamboo 3.2 will have the REST calls built in.

Hope this helps. :)

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2011

Bamboo will start using REST calls with version 3.2, due out soon. For now it uses SOAP, so if JIRA does not respond to this call, the integration won't work.

0 votes
Penny Wyatt (On Leave to July 2021)
Atlassian Team
July 6, 2011

JIRA 4.3 and later comes bundled with a Crowd server, so for all intents and purposes, pointing to JIRA is pointing to Crowd. Not sure why it doesn't respond to the SOAP call - I believe that they were replaced with REST APIs but I'm not 100% certain.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events