Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically remove Plan branches when they have been deleted from Stash?

Ian Gregson April 10, 2014

Hi there,

I have noticed that my branches under my plans are still left there even when I merge and delete a branch. I know its possible to set this to automatically delete if no commits are received in XX days but surley there must be a way of saying "Remove the branch from the if it no longer exists" - runs every 5 minutes?

I can't seem to find this funcitionality, anbody know if there is a plugin that takes care of this?

The problem is that my braches seem to count towards my number of Jobs that I can run with my lience. And removing a branch from stash either manually or deleted because of a merge should, in my opinion, remove the plan branch as it no longer exists?

Anybody have any ideas?

6 answers

0 votes
Mibex_Software
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2015

Hi,

Better late than never smile We have open sourced a plug-in for Bamboo meanwhile which instantly deletes a plan branch once the corresponding Git branch got deleted in Stash and Bitbucket server. It is in an early alpha state, so please use it with care:

https://github.com/mibexsoftware/plan-branch-terminator

Best regards,

Michael

0 votes
GaryBond February 25, 2015

We are using JIRA in the cloud and running Bamboo on our own server.

0 votes
Mibex_Software
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2015

We could also provide a plug-in for Bamboo, because now with some recent changes that occurred in Bamboo this will be possible. Are you using Bamboo in the cloud or behind a firewall?

0 votes
GaryBond February 25, 2015

It appears that that plugin is only for Stash. 
We are using JIRA > Bitbucket > Bamboo, but have the same requirement to remove deleted branches from Bamboo.

0 votes
Mibex_Software
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 4, 2015

You might have already noticed it, but I wanted to mention it anyway: There is a plug-in on the Marketplace called Plan Branch Terminator which deletes plan branches instantly when the related branch is deleted in Stash.

0 votes
Zack Sheffield August 8, 2014

Found an open improvement request [BAM-13129] to do exactly this, I suggest you vote on it as well... for larger instances this would tend not to be an issue because the age-off after 30 days of inactivity would clean up the dead plans eventually, starter licenses really need this functionality to avoid blowing through their 10 job limit as soon as they start using a feature-branch workflow.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events