Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

timing when an issue transitions

Kelsey
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 13, 2023

Okay here is a big ask everyone. What I am looking to complete is the following:

Either I script this myself which is possible (More work more hours)

OR 

does anyone know this solution?

I want to create a timer for Jira. Say in our work management dealing with leads specifically I want so when a lead is going into a proposal and proposal is accepted an email needs to be created.  Transitioning from Approval --- > email drafting ---> email sent My transition being email drafting.  I want to collect the data from approval to email sent to say like (30 minutes) 

I can manually put this in and even in other workflow programs such as monday has timers.  

2 answers

0 votes
Jehan Bhathena
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2023

Hi @Kelsey ,

I'm sure I understand the use case here, do you want to schedule the transition or do you want to track the time taken during the transition.

If it is scheduling then @Erin Quick-Laughlin 's answer might work.

For time tracking a different road might need to be taken.

0 votes
Erin Quick-Laughlin October 13, 2023

So you want an email to go out 30 minutes after that proposal changed to the 'Approved' state? 

You could create 1 job to set a property on the issue when it transitions to Approved, that stores the current time, or current time + 30 min.

[Updated]
Then create a Scheduled job running every 5 minutes to check issues where that property is not empty, and then create & fire off the email, then clear the property.  It's not exactly 30 min, but it would be 30-35.  

Also, you can add your vote to this feature request: AUTO-238 Support for delay / pause / wait step in automation rule executions  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events