rest/servicedeskapi/servicedesk log e

Greg Bailey June 7, 2021

We are evaluating upgrading from Jira 8.5 to 8.13.7.  on an upgraded server the logs are being spammed with the below entries: 

2021-06-07 21:31:31,754+0000 http-nio-127.0.0.1-8081-exec-149 url: /secure/404.jspa WARN [c.a.j.w.action.util.Error404] Detected anonymous access to page <<OUR BASE URL>/rest/servicedeskapi/servicedesk> redirecting to login pag 

But I cannot determine where this is coming from or what may be causing it.

again we are on Jira Server 8.13.7.

Any types on how to determine where this is coming from?

3 answers

1 vote
CMorkan February 10, 2022

we also have this error. Since we switched from JIRA 7.13.18 to JIRA 8.20.1, I've been getting these requests galore. We do not have a service desk installed. The server was a fresh install with data transfer. We made sure that we have the same build no. of Application Server and Database Server after the upgrade process. We have matched all the tables with the default database of Jira. No abnormalities.

It would be great if we get some new input or someone already has a solution for this issue.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2021

@Greg Bailey - I would assume that the system is behind a firewall of some sort.  I would reach out to your networking team and work with them to identify where the traffic is coming from and block it.  

Greg Bailey June 7, 2021

Indeed, waiting for them to assist.

In the meantime was hoping to find out if anyone knew what could be making this call to a servicedesk api endpoint when we aren't running servicedesk.

This did not start happening until we upgraded the Jira sever to 8.13,7.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2021

@Greg Bailey - That is a great question.  I checked through release notes and did not see anything that would have that API running now and not in the past.  I am wondering if there are some apps that are deployed now as part of Core or Software.  Do you have the following app JIRA Service Desk Public REST API plugin installed and running?

Greg Bailey June 7, 2021

Nope, not that I would have installed and I pretty much own this for our company.

I just double checked all installed apps and didn't find it.  it may be a module in one of the installed ones apps though.

is there a trick to scan all installed app module names?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 8, 2021

Greg,

If you go to the manage apps page and select all apps you should be able to search there for "rest" and see what is installed.

CMorkan February 10, 2022

Greg,

we also have this error. Were you able to find out what the problem was? What findings did you make?

0 votes
Hyrum Steffensen _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2021

Hello Greg, 

Consider using the Jira HTTP Requests Log Analyzer or Splunk.

Regards,

Hyrum

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events