"To" field for triggering an E-mail Notification is not taking the "Assignee" value of an issue.

rish_kr221 June 2, 2021

Hi all, 

Im working on  an automation rule for triggering an email notification depending on some filter criteria for some issues.

there is an error in the audit log.

Could not send email, the 'To' address field is empty. If you have referenced a field it may be empty.

Can someone tell me why this is happening.

3 answers

1 vote
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2021

Hi @rish_kr221 , welcome to the community!

In order for the email to be sent successfully, it needs to have a recipient. If you have, for example, configured your rule to send an email to the task's assignee at a certain point in a workflow, if the task does not have an assignee when the rule is triggered, the rule will fail as it has no one to send the email to.

In your automation rule, which field is being used in your To: field in the email action?

Daria Pavlova May 16, 2023

Hi! I have the same issue with my Rule but al tasks are 100% assigned, the automation just won't see the field info. What can be the problem?

Like ganna_kyselevych likes this
Rhys Richards May 17, 2023

Hey,

i have the same issue, all my tickets have assignees and the audit file says "

Could not send email, the 'To' address field is empty. If you have referenced a field it may be empty."
really odd this 
0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2021

Hi @rish_kr221

for using the Assignee it should just work according to the hints from Curt and Callum.

In case you would be using a "team-managed project" alongside with a people field it might be you are running into this effect: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-20774
I don't assume this matches with your case but in case you could confirm Community members might be able to advise further.

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2021

Based on the error message, it is either as @Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_  has described, or you haven't opoulated the "To" field of the Send email Action.

mail0.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events