"Disabled third party extension for Automation for Jira" - Profield Triggers

Abdul July 18, 2020

When I try to use any of profields triggers in Jira automation I get the following message

--------------------------------

Disabled third party extension for Automation for Jira?

This rule component was provided by a third party extension for Automation for Jira. It appears this app is no longer installed or enabled. Please check the 'Manage apps' section in global administration.

If the app is enabled, then this could be caused by errors in the Atlassian Plugin system not picking up app dependencies correctly. Please try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Disable, then re-enable the third party app in 'Manage apps'
  2. If this doesn't resolve the issue, then disable and re-enable Automation for Jira
  3. Finally, try restarting your Jira instance

If none of the above helps, please contact us in support.

---------------------------------

I tried all three steps listed and still i cannot get it to work, I also checked all modules (in case any is disabled) and all are enabled.

Any idea how to solve this?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Leo Diaz _ DEISER
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2020

Hi @Abdul 

I'm the Product Manager of Profields at DEISER. If you are experiencing problems with the integration of Profields and Automation try to uninstall Profields and install again, after this it should work. 

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any problems, we will be happy to help!

https://jira.deiser.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/1

Leo

Abdul July 20, 2020

@Leo Diaz _ DEISER I already tried doing so and still automation plug in is not picking it up. 

Leo Diaz _ DEISER
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2020

@Abdul could you send us the Jira logs? 

You can use our service desk for this.

Abdul July 23, 2020

I will do that.. Thanks

0 votes
Abdul July 19, 2020

@Sachin I do have Profields installed and active. I thought i hinted toward this by stating that i did all what is mentioned in the troubleshooting procedure.

Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2020

Thanks for confirming that Abdul. So, if you reinstalled both the plugins (Automation for jira, Profields - Jira project tracking) and restarted your instance and still seeing the issue, then I would just reach out to Automation for Jira support team and ask for help.

0 votes
Sachin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2020

Hello @Abdul , you need Profields - Jira Project Tracking  installed on your instance to use the 3 Profields triggers. See The integration of Profields and Automation for Jira 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events