cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#lookup issues not returning any values in an email

Dan Tombs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2022

Hi community,

Using lookup issues to send an email that runs on a schedule.

Capture.PNG

The lookup issues is basically trying to find any tickets that have been blocked for 14 days and not moving so requires chasing or moving. The email HTML text is as follows:

<p>Hi Team,</p>
<p></p>
<p>Blocked External Review Notification: Please review the following Jira ticket/s that have been blocked external for > 14 days. Please deal with them as you see fit.</p>
<p></p>
<p></p>
<p></p>
<table cellspacing="1" cellpadding="5" border="0" bgcolor="#aaaaaa">
<tr bgcolor="#ffffff">
<th>Key</th>
<th>Summary</th>
<th>Description</th>
<th>Assignee</th>
</tr>
{{#lookupissues}}
<tr bgcolor="#ffffff">
<td><a href="{{url}}">{{key}}</a></td>
<td>{{summary}}</td>
<td>{{Description}}</td>
<td>{{Assignee.displayName}}</td>
</tr>
{{/}}
</tbody>
</table>
<p></p>
<p></p>
<p>Kind Regards,</p>
<p>Data Migration</p>

However the email we get back is just the table and table headers without content. I cannot spot where this is going wrong so any help is appreciated.

Dan

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2022

Hi @Dan Tombs 

Smart values are case and spacing-sensitive, and I note a typo for Lookup Issues in your message.  Please try this:

{{#lookupIssues}}

Kind regards,
Bill

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2022

wow...even noticing the smallest details 🙌🏼

Awesome work @Bill Sheboy 

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Dan Tombs
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 25, 2022

Hi @Bill Sheboy

Great spot!!! I knew about space sensitive stuff but I just could not spot and needed your fresh pair of eyes. Thanks.

Dan

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 25, 2022

I am glad to learn that helped.

Automation for Jira is frequently improving, and I hope that at one point the editor adds type-ahead autocomplete for smart values and/or validation on save with better error messaging to help find such things  :^)

Like Stefan Salzl likes this
1 vote
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2022

Hi @Dan Tombs ,

Just a few points I would suggest for investigation (if they haven‘t been done already:

• does the jql provide the correct result in the search within the jira project?
  • Does the rule run in the same project that the jql is selecting? Otherwise: Is the rule configured as a multi-project or global rule?
  • For test reasons I often add a „log action“ component that just logs the output (eg. of your lookup issues)

Best
Stefan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events