Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

{{issue.issuelinks.outwardIssue.key}} not working during issue create

Rajendra Borde December 8, 2021

I want to send an email with a list of linked issues when a new issue is created. The issue being created has a linked issues (blocks).

I've setup a simple workflow - When issue created, then send email.

In the body of the email, I'm using {{issue.issuelinks.outwardIssue.key}} to list out the linked issues. But the linked issues don't show up in the email I get after the issue is created.

I'd appreciate any pointers to how I can get this to work.

1 answer

1 vote
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2021

Hi @Rajendra Borde 

You are using the issue created trigger, so there could be a timing issue where the data is not yet available when the event occurs.  (This is a known problem for automation.)

The work-around to solve this is to add a Re-fetch action immediately after your trigger and before any other rule components.  This will slow down the rule and reload the issue before proceeding.

Kind regards,
Bill

Rajendra Borde December 9, 2021

Hi @Bill Sheboy 

Thank you for the the response. I've tried adding the Re-fetch action immediately after my create issue created trigger and before the send email component. Unfortunately it didn't work. I've tried adding several re-fetch actions blocks and multiple email components but no luck. If I change the trigger to transition issue, it works.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2021

Would you please post images of your complete rule which does not work as you expect, and of the audit log showing the execution details?  That may provide some context to uncover what is happening.  Thanks!

Also, are you using Jira Cloud or Server/Data Center?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events